Privacy, Terms, and Conditions
PHILOSOPHY OF PRIVACY:
ScanSee does not sell or share your private information with anyone, EVER; unless required by law, or you want us to (see important additional information and exceptions below). We believe that everyone has a right to personal privacy and we respect and protect that right.
WHY COLLECT INFORMATION:
ScanSee is devoted to helping you save time and money, and supporting higher education in the U.S. In order to do that and provide timely, relevant savings information when and where you want to receive it, it is helpful for us to know what you like and what you don’t like, and your location while shopping. We learn what you like by noting what you shop for and because you tell us in the “Preferences” section of the website and app. Collecting this information and knowing what you like helps us bring valuable information to you while eliminating useless information. Knowing your GPS location while shopping allows us to alert you to recently available savings at your location as well as nearby. Again, we do not share or sell this information. In order to better understand what you like and to serve you better, we collect all kinds of activity information including, but not limited to when you view items, save, print, display and redeem coupons, rebates and discounts, rate an item, share an item by email, etc. Because ScanSee constantly watches for bargains for you on items in your “Shopping List” and “Wish List”, we must of course collect and maintain these lists. The purpose of all information collected is to help us do a better job of saving you time and money. We work for you and are honored to have the opportunity to do so.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
Personal Contact: Such as your name, email address, postal mailing address, and home/mobile telephone number, gender, income, zip code, and state, etc.
Personal Preferences: Such as hobbies, vocation, interests, etc. MyAccount™: This may include financial data and information on where to send your savings/earnings.
Transactions: Such as:
- View, print, download, save, and/or display coupons.
- Redeem coupons.
- Register with us or our Affiliates.
- Use our Sites to create and sync shopping lists.
- Interact with advertisements on our Sites.
- Communicate with our customer service team for support.
Third Party Interaction: Such as:
- Register a retailer loyalty account or similar retailer identifier with us.
- Register or interact with us via Facebook Connect or other social media provider.
- Invite others to share your shopping list.
Navigation: Such as:
- Coupon activity (including requesting, printing, and saving to a loyalty account).
Application activity (such as searches performed and features accessed).
Web browser type.
- The website that referred you to us.
- The web pages you viewed on the Sites.
- The advertisements you viewed and clicked on.
- The dates and times that you visited the Sites.
- Other navigational activity.
Mobile Location: Use of the Sites, including our mobile applications, may include location-based services. If you use those services, we may receive information about your location which we may use to send you geographically relevant promotions or advertisements.
HOW SCANSEE USES INFORMATION:
- Operate and improve our Sites (individually and collectively call herein; Site, ScanSee, ScanSee Websites, ScanSee App.);
- Provide you with offers and information about products and services from participating merchants based on your personal preferences and location;
- Help you make contact with participating merchants with products and services of interest to you;
- Track redemption of offers from third parties and analyze related data;
- Provide customer support;
- Fulfill requests from third party services;
- Host surveys, contests and other promotional activities and events sponsored by us or third parties;
- Allow you to use ScanSee to advance your business goals and objectives by posting special offers, coupons, rebates, etc. – via audio, text and video to the Site.
INFORMATION WE DO NOT COLLECT:
ScanSee does not store credit card information. Any such transactions are handled by our banking partners.
We may share information about you if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with local, state, or federal laws or to respond to a court order, judicial or other governmental subpoena or warrant, or in the event of bankruptcy proceedings. We also reserve the right to share information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability, protect us or our Affiliates from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses, investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, assist government enforcement agencies, protect the security or integrity of the Sites, and to protect our rights, property, or safety and those of our Affiliates and others. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from you as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.\
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may share non-personally identifiable information with third party affiliates in order to better match what they have to offer with what the market desires saving them as well as you time and money. However, a third party affiliate may match the non-personally identifiable information we provide with personally identifiable information that you have previously provided to that affiliate or to others from which the third party affiliate obtained this information.
YOU HAVE CHOICES:
- You can change your email information and any of your preferences by logging into MyAccount™ at anytime.
- You can also contact us and ask to have your personal information deleted at anytime.
- You can change the way your mobile device and browser share “location” information at any time by changing preferences on your mobile device and at Preferences at www.scansee.com.
- If you connect to ScanSee through third parties such as Facebook Connect, you can manage sharing of Personal Information with us at the third party’s site.
- Please refer to the information provided by these third parties to tailor your experience in a way that best suits your needs.
NOTICE TO RESIDENTS NOT IN THE USA:
SECURITY OF INFORMATION:
ScanSee employs logical, reasonable steps to keep your information private. Technical and physical structures have been employed to this effect. We use industry standards to encrypt financial data and restrict access internally to those with a need to know. In addition, we perform periodic tests internally and externally with internal staff and outside security consultants. However, you should be aware that it may be possible for determined hackers to breach any company or governments systems.